Yes, unfortunately another weekend has come and gone and Monday is back in action. I feel as if with each weekend that passes it goes by quicker and quicker, and comes slower and slower. I am absolutely one hundred percent that type of person that despises Mondays. I wake up dead tired, in the grumpiest of moods, and sad that now I have to wait another week to see my boyfriend again. I had enough of my moody self, and starting the week so bad off that I came up with a list of ways to get rid of these terrible Monday blues.
1. Don't sleep in. Wake up early. You'll end up with a sleep hangover. Yes, it actually has a name for it. Have you ever realized that when you sleep longer than usual, you're more tired than if you sleep less? Well, you're body is use to your usual clock, and when you don't wake up at your regular time, that boost of energy that is sent daily is missed. Thus, causing tiredness, and may lead to a sour mood.
2. Do not go and check social media immediately after you wake up. Instead of starting your morning with happy thoughts, you may go into a social media depression. You wake up to no good morning texts, no one has liked your latest tweet or instagram post, etc. You might see something that you don't like, and it triggers a bad mood, or even the "Grass is always greener on the other side" syndrome. People may post things that show """how much better their life is than yours""" (which is usually not the case at all) and it's easier to believe that everyone is happier than you. So stay away from the morning phone addiction.
3. Get enough sleep the night before. If you get enough hours of sleep (but not oversleep) you wake up feeling refreshed and ready to take the day head on. Plus you'll look 10 times better without those bags under your eyes. Cover up can only cover so much.
4. Take a cold shower. If you wake up and your feet are dragging and your eyes are still heavy, hydrate that skin with cold to luke warm water just to get that heart pumping and your brain alive again.
5. Turn on your favorite play list and dance that pj booty off for 5 minutes. Or more, depending how much fun or time you really have. This is my favorite tip off of the list. I love putting some girly 90's N'SYNC music on full blast and singing my heart out at full volume. Not only is it a great little morning cardio work out, but it makes me feel silly and definitely puts a smile on my face.
6. Make a mental list of everything your excited for this week. Doing this helps your mood pop up straight into happiness. You get to think of all the fun stuff you're doing. Who you're going to hang out with. What you're going to accomplish and it just sets your mood to another level.
7. Wear your favorite outfit. We all have that outfit that always makes us feel better. A favorite dress or shirt. Feeling beautiful, will make any blues completely disappear. You'll have a certain glow and people will notice it.
8. Keep your schedule light. Knowing that you have a full busy day Monday, immediately coming off of the weekend festivities, can really start the week off in the wrong direction. You want to always start Monday nice a relaxed just like the weekend. Don't over pack the day filled with errands or activities. Starting Monday off right can set your whole week into positivity.
9. Smile for no reason. This is the silliest thing on this list if not the only silly thing on here, but it works. Get those face muscles moving. Smile while you're showering, smile while you're getting ready for work, smile and just stare at yourself. First you'll laugh at how creepy you look, but then you'll realize that it actually works.
10. Treat yourself. Hey It's Monday. Have a your favorite chocolate bar or your favorite candy. Indulge in your "can't have because I'm on a diet" favorite meal. Give yourself something that you know you'll love and will get rid of those blues instantly. Hey, you deserve to be spoiled and there's nothing wrong if you're doing your own spoiling.
What are other awesome tips that you use, to get rid of your Monday blues?