Well Ladies and Gents, my Vegas vacation was beyond words that I could express. If you have never been, definitely put Las Vegas on your bucket list. I didn't want my 5 day vacation to end. It's a whole other world over there. From the night life to the extreme amounts of food, Chaz and I were in vacation heaven. Sorry, It's taken me so long to write about it. We got back Monday morning and I am still on full vacation mode. I promise I am going to fill you in on every last detail but for now, I'll just give you the highlight real.
1. The Food. Did I mention the exaggerated amounts of food? I swear I gained at least 5 pounds on this trip. Fatty status over here. There are buffets in every corner, food courts at every hotel and yummy restaurants walking distances from wherever you're standing. Oh and did I tell you?? There's Pizza by the pound! Pizza joints everywhere!! I'm not even joking. If you're a foodie like us, buffets in Vegas are the way to go. Fat people are happy people. Our hotel even had coupons for buy one get one free. We ate there at least 3 times. We also got to eat at Guy Fieri's famous restaurant. He's my favorite chef and I was really excited to eat there. Right before we left to the airport, we even got to sneak in some time at Serendipity. We ordered S'mores Hot Chocolate for me, and frozen hot chocolate for Chaz.
2. The Hotels. We weren't able to visit every single last hotel, but we did check out most of them. We stayed at The Westgate which is a block away from the strip and right next to the Stratosphere. We visited The Bellagio, Caesars Palace, The Venetian, The Cosmopolitan, Flamingo, MGM, New York New York, Ballys, and I believe a few more. The architecture and the design of each hotel was spectacular. Each one was different in there own way. Absolutely beautiful and magical.
3. The Attractions. Vegas is like an Adult Disney World. There is so much to see and do, that you might over whelm yourself. Chaz and I were lucky to get everything off our list our first day. We went to Madame Crusades and took a bagillion pictures with famous celebrities. My favorite was Frank Sinatra. We also were able to ride the High Roller. It's the biggest Ferris Wheel in the world.
We even found the Secret Pizza place at The Cosmopolitan and got to see the beautiful Chandelier bar. Freemont is also a pretty awesome place to go check out. It's located in Downtown Vegas. They have more restaurants and bars, as well as hourly shows on a huge screen on the roof. Another awesome attraction is at Coca - Cola world. You get to try different colas from all over the world. Some flavors were delicious and some were disgusting, but it was an awesome experience.
We didn't have time to see the Famous Las Vegas sign though. The weather was to windy and cold to see it. Next time we go, we have to do that.
4. The People. Vegas is on a whole other level than what we are use to. Everyone is dressed in crazy outfits, or drunk, and very very friendly. We joined in on the outfits and wore lime green and hot pink vans. Everyone stopped us to tell us how fresh we looked, or to take pictures. We had a lady who was pretty tipsy and literally got on the floor and took a selfie with our shoes. It was awesome. We made a lot of cool friends over there. We met four really nice guys from Europe while waiting in line for the UFC Weigh-ins, and even exchanged some facebook / insta information. It doesn't hurt that Chaz is really outgoing and the friendliest person you will ever meet. He talks to everyone lol.
5. UFC. Have I ever mentioned that Chaz and I are huge UFC fans? Well the main reason we went to Vegas was to go to UFC196. We saw Connor McGregor vs. Nate Diaz and Holly Holm vs. Miesha Tate. It was pretty amazing. We also went to the weigh ins and got to see all the future UFC fighters for their upcoming fights. I'm not going to give you any spoilers because you are going to have to wait for the real posts, but we did actually meet two really famous fighters and even got an autograph from one of the fighters on the main card. Just stay tuned (;
6. The Views and The Lights. Everywhere you look there are these spectacular views and memorizing lights. If you ride The High Roller you go 500 feet above the ground and get to see all of Vegas, from the deserts during the day, to the strip and it's glory at night. Every hotel is a sight in itself. The Eifel Tower or The Statue of Liberty, or the Bellagio fountain, there is always something beautiful to see. You will fall in love with Vegas on that alone.
Vegas was a blast and I can not wait to go back. Have you ever been to Las Vegas? Stay tuned for future posts all about our trip to Las Vegas. I have so much more to show and tell!