It's officially Summer weather here in beautiful Sunny South Florida. Sun, Sand, and Surf. That means being at the beach as much as I possibly can. With the right items and the perfect weather, you can have the most heavenly time at the beach. When it comes to the basics and the most important we got you covered.
1. Over-sized Beach Towels. I always bring two. One to lounge on and one to dry off with after jumping in the gorgeous blue waters.
2. Bathing Suit Cover Up. This white "Sea" through cover up was purchased at TJ max a while ago, but since it's spring and almost summer, you can find many different styles in any clothing store for a very inexpensive price. (ie. Forever 21, Agaci, Papaya, Love Couture, etc.) It's the perfect way to look chic and not get horribly sunburned.
3. Sunscreen / Tanning Lotion. Speaking of getting sunburned. I really hope skin cancer is not in your future. Always apply sunscreen consistently. I use to always somehow burn my face and look like a lobster, until I found Neutrogena Clear Face Sunscreen. It is perfect for oily or dry skin, does not make you break out, and keeps your face from frying. They have SPF 15 all the way up to SPF 150.
4. Sunglasses. These are an absolute must. You want to be able to enjoy the day without going blind. They protect your vision, plus give you a great accent to your super cute beach outfit. Rock that eyewear ladies and gents.
5. Baseball Cap / beach hat. I never ever go to the beach or the ocean without my hat wear. I am not much of a flowy loose hat kind of girl. If you are than more power to you. I've never been able to. I stick with my Saltlife / Bass Pro Shops baseball caps. They have so many different type of styles and patterns. Oh and the best part?? They can get wet, and you don't have to worry about the hat getting ruined. As long as you have something protecting your face, wear it!
6. Book / Magazine. I enjoy reading on a regular bases, but there is just something about being able to enjoy a good book with the smell of the sea, a cool breeze, and the sound of the waves crashing to the shore. It's so relaxing, and I'm craving to be doing that exactly at this moment.
7. Speakers. If you don't bring a speaker to plug in your phone for music or a portable radio, shame on you. How can you go to the beach without some Kenny Chesney playing in the background?
8. Drinks / Snacks. Yes, I left the most important for last. Drinks (preferably booze) and Snacks (preferably Cape Cod Kettle Chips) are by far the most important basic essentials when traveling to the beach. You need water (or a fruity drink such as Sex on The Beach) to stay hydrated, and you need food (ie Junk Food) because what else is better than being able to snack and relax by the ocean at the same time?! Snacking, drinking, and beaching just make me picture the perfect vacation.
What are your must have beach essentials?
Chaz said I was missing some things in my list so he gave me a list of his top 5 beach essentials...
Chaz's 5 Must Have Beach Essentials:
1. Umbrella. He doesn't care if there is possibly shade at the beach. He needs an umbrella to completely protect his skin.
2. Beach Chair. He prefers a beach chair over a towel, and now that I think of it, a beach chair would be nice to bring along too.
3. Speaker. We both had the same views with this.
4. Snacks. As with this.
5. Football. I guess his version of entertainment is a football instead of reading. Makes perfect sense because I would want to join in on the sports fun too!
All photos were taken by me. Please do not steal them. If you would like to use them email me at email@example.com. Thank you.