I have been 25 for over four months now. I have been alive for a quarter of a century. Damn I am OLD! If you would've asked my younger self where I would be, I would've said Married, with Children. Ha what a load of crap. I can still barely take care of myself. But, I have learned so much in my short 25 years of living. Or at least I believe I have.
1. Life is Short. Yeah most of us get the privilege of living to be close to a hundred, but I have lost three friends under the age of 25, and I've been told that the older I get the more that number will rise. You never know when it's your time to go. Your life can be taken within a blink of an eye. Enjoy it and live it up.
2. Adulting Sucks. Responsibilities. Need I say more? No more days of now worrying about nothing. Now you have to pay bills and go to work and it just plain sucks. Don't worry you're not alone. Everyone has to grow up one day or another.
3. Everything happens for a reason. I know how cliche that does sound, but I believe it. I have come to learn that no matter how bad a situation is, or how good, it all happens for a reason. Something good usually always comes out of the bad situation. Theres always an effect after a cause.
4. Love your family. Your family will always be there. They have known you your whole life. They will be there for you through the good and the bad. Never take them for granted.
5. Save money. This is my biggest issue still to this day. I never saved when I first started working almost 10 years ago. I never gained the habitant now it's harder to get into it. I see something I want to buy it. I never acquired the mentality that saving is better.
6. Work hard, Stay humble. Work for what you want to achieve but don't turn into an arrogant person. Sometimes wealth and greed take over because of all your hard work and you begin to believe you're entitled. You're not. Stay humble and genuine.
7. You're exactly where you're supposed to be. I believe in destiny a hundred percent. I believe that your life is already set out for you. No matter what choices you make, right or wrong, you were supposed to make them.
8. If you love someone tell them. This falls into the same category as life is short. You never know when someone is going to leave you and you won't be able to express your feelings. You don't want it to be too late. I live by the philosophy that you should always express how you feel.
9. Friends & boys come and go. Relationships change constantly. I have best friends that I use to believe nothing would ever tear us apart. I was wrong. Losing friends (and boyfriends) suck, but it's ok. Friendships and relationships rarely stay constant and are always changing. You'll always make new friends and meet new people. Mourn those friends that are no longer yours, but cherish those memories, and understand that it's all ok.
10. Do not be so hard on yourself. Cut yourself some slack. As long as you tried your best at whatever it was, then you're good. Sometimes, working yourself up and thinking negatively only causes you to feel worse about yourself.
11. Don't be a negative Norman. Negativity causes problems, with yourself and others. It also can cause long term health issues and turn into depression. Think positively. Life is beautiful and you should embrace it.
12. Time heals most wounds. Time does not solve the heartbreak or the issue that you may be going through, but it does get easier with time. Time allows you to realize whats best for you for the situation and it does help the pain subside or go away altogether.
13. Stay open minded. I have trouble with staying open minded. What can I say, I am a Taurus. I am stubborn as hell and I do not like change at all. I like what I know and not changing that. My mind stays closed and I don't allow the possibility of anything new happen. For example, food. If something looks gross, I won't taste it or try it because of my close minded brain. I am currently working on this to better myself.
14. You are not alone. Just because you feel alone does not mean that you are. You have friends and family who love you. Always remember that.
15. Always listen to your mom. No matter how wrong I believe my mom to be 99.9 percent of the time she is right. Call her too. She misses you!
16. Everyone is insecure. You are not the only one. I am not the only one. Yeah sure, with age you learn to keep it under control and you gain confidence. Your big insecurities may change to minimal, but everyone has those same feelings that you do.
17. Set Goals. Do not just let life pass you by without accomplishing what you would love to accomplish. Make a list and get to it.
18. We create over ninety percent of our stress. Someone once told me that your brain is powerful beyond words. That I did not know how to control it. I let it control me. He was absolutely right. Whatever you believe begins to become the truth. If you believe something is wrong your mind will work itself into believing that something is.
19. Romantic comedies are a pain in the ass. And total bullshit. they make you believe that fairy tales can come true and that the boy will wait outside your window with a boom box hoping you would take him back. What a load of crap. That does not exist. Love is hard and sometimes it does not work out,, and you have to be ok with that. DO i sound cynical? I promise I'm not lol.
20. Changing your mind is acceptable. It's your life. You do what you want. If in the end it someone doesn't agree with you, screw them. Always put yourself first.
21. Google is your best friend. No need to say more.
22. No one can make you at your happiest but yourself. You're responsible for your own happiness. Do not depend on anyone to make you happy. Do it your damn self. It's liberating and an amazing feeling.
23. Know your limits. But don't be afraid to test them. You're an adult you should know right from wrong.
24. You're blessed. Embrace it. You got lucky enough to have this life. God gave you the opportunity out of 12745873485 other sperm and eggs to become someone. Do not take it for granted. Enjoy yourself.
25. Twenty-Five is not old. The end.