N o v e m b e r and December are the most traveled times of the year. There are two types of people in this world. Those who travel home for Christmas to see family, or people like me, who fly to places just for vacation. I love traveling during winter and the Holidays because I am able to experience a different view from my everyday life. Come on, lets be real. Miami doesn't get much winter and Christmassy passed sixty degrees. That might even be a bit of an exaggeration. I've never seen snow for peeps sake. Yes, I am twenty-five years old and have never have the privilege or opportunity to experience a white Christmas. That is why, I have come up with a winter wish list if you will, of six states I would love to visit this winter. I've been to three on this list before, but every time I have gone to one of these winter family vacations, it has never snowed ): So here's to being able to finally witnessing a winter wonderland this year. Fingers crossed <3
1. New York - The first and only time I visited New York, I was 12 years old. I don't remember much of it. All I remember was seeing all the beautiful Christmas lights and experiencing the freezing of my toes! I would love to visit Central Park. Imagine how beautiful it must be all covered in white clouds? I would also love to visit the Empire State building, the 911 Memorial, and watch a Broadway play. Add to the list, Time Square, Little Italy (so I can have delicious pizza), and go Ice Skating at Rockefeller Center. Am I missing any New York Stuff? More events to read about! Click here!
|The Cabin I stayed in Tennessee back in 2006|
2. Tennessee - I stayed in Tennessee for a Family Christmas Vacation back in 2006. I was no older that 16 years old. I loved that vacation. The only thing I was upset about was that it didn't snow at all those two weeks, until the day after we left. We went and visited Gatlinburg and DollyWood. This time around I would travel to Nashville and get my fill of the heart of Country Music. I would rent a Cabin and just travel wherever my little heart takes me. The scenery alone was beautiful when I went, but I can't imagine how beautiful It would be covered in snow! Click here to read more.
3. Atlanta - I visited Atlanta in 2012. It was such a fun trip. I did the CNN Tour, and also went to Coca-Cola World. Which is the picture you see above. This time I would love to visit more things that I didn't have enough time to see. I would love to go and Ice Skate at Centennial Olympic Park, and go see the Georgia Olympic Aquarium. I read that in Atlanta they have the Holiday Lights at the Botanical Garden. I would also love to re experience the Stone Mountains. This time with real snow! Click this link to learn about more fun stuff in Atlanta during December!
4. Boston - This beautiful city has always been on my list. I don't want to just visit in the Wintertime. First place I would go visit is Fenway Park. If you're a baseball lover like me the tour and a baseball game would be first on your list. Too bad it isn't baseball season right now! Then I would love to go see the Freedom Tower and take a tour of that. Also go visit the famous Wahlburgers restaurant. Hope to see one of the brother there. I would just go experience the History (and bars) Boston has to offer. Click here to read about more events.
5. Chicago - My best friend went here last winter and she states it's one of her favorite cities that she has ever visited. I'm taking her word for it and that's why it's on my list. I would definitely go see all the famous parts of Chicago that you hear about, the Bean and try one of their Chicago Styles Pizzas. I would go visit their famous ZOO and check out event Zoo lights at Lincoln Park Zoo. They have so many events going on in December. Click on this link to read more.
6. Washington D.C - Last but not least. I have heard so many wonderful things about this city in the winter time. Not only are all the historical landmarks decked out in full Christmas gear but it does snow. Imagine seeing the white house covered in white fluffy carpet? How beautiful would that be? They have so many events and shows that I would love to experience. You can click on this link to learn more.
What places would you go visit if you could this winter?